The Lojong Meditation Team was founded by Tamkey, a Buddhist for 21 years and former Tibetan Buddhist Monk of 19 years of the Gelugpa tradition and partner Claire, a Buddhist practitioner of 19 years.
Inspired by the root texts “The Bodhisattva Garland of Jewels” by Atisha & Chekawa Yeshe Dorje’s “Training the Mind in Seven Points” we try to infuse our classes with the teachings to make meditation and mindfulness something that can be integrated into everyday life.
Lojong practice is non-secular and all-encompassing.
Our classes are delivered in an informal and relaxed environment and are designed to:
- Provide the tools and techniques for understanding the mind
- Increase awareness, focus and a general sense of well-being
- Transform obstacles into opportunities for self-reflection and growth
- Provide the foundations for daily practice
Our goal is to help people through the power of meditation. Our vision for the future is three-fold:
- Deliver transformative teachings to students so that they experience a life that is full of happiness and meaning.
- Create a community of practitioners who have a strong foundation in the techniques and can advocate for Lojong in the future.
- Help local and overseas Tong-Len community by sharing some of the proceeds of our classes.
We invite you to share this vision with us, for more details about classes, workshops and private teachings, please contact us.