We demystify the lingo to make meditation and mindfulness approachable, practical and personally transforming.
Lojong Meditation is the ancient and profound Tibetan Buddhist practice of transforming the mind by integrating meditation into daily life.
Founded by husband and wife team Tamkey (a former Tibetan Buddhist Monk) and Claire Spencer (practitioner of 25+ years) our goal is to bring peace, build resilience and general well-being for our students and the wider community.
We’d love to share the journey with you.
Can’t make it to our sessions? Check out our online offerings.
Introduction to meditation
15th April 9.30am-12pm
Do you want to learn more about meditation, and build a solid foundation for an ongoing practice?
Come and join us for this unique opportunity to learn the precious teachings of the 9 stages of calm abiding (single-pointed meditation), with classes guided by a qualified Tibetan Buddhist Teacher.
Husband & wife team; Tamkey, a former Tibetan Buddhist monk & Claire, a Buddhist meditation teacher are here to guide you through:
- Motivation & dedication chanting How to focus the mind on one object (sound, breath, mantra, visualisation, movement, text)
- Advice on posture, breath, and how to begin a practice
- An introduction to the nine stages of single-pointed meditation, otherwise known as calm-abiding meditation
- Practical tips for overcoming obstacles and harnessing daily opportunities to practice mindfulness.
- Check out our teachings page for our programs.
- Read articles on Mindfulness from our teachers
- Learn more about our Teachers
- Check out our Mindfulness & Meditation for Beginners online brochureand get in contact.
Ordinary Member of the Buddhist Council of Victoria
Lojong Meditation acknowledges the Dja Dja Warrung, Traditional Owners of this land we live and work on, and pays its respects to Elders both past and present.